What to Know Before You Arrive
See you soon!
Where to go:
- On Wednesday, July 22, check in at National Design Centre (NDC) between 14:30 and 18:30 (we are using 24-hour time for the schedule. So, 14:30 = 2:30 PM, etc.)
- On Wednesday we are hosting a Welcome Sketchwalk at 16:30, to be held at Purvis Street.
- After the Sketchwalk, join us for a Welcome Reception at 18:45 at the NDC.
- Schedule information for Thursday, Friday and Saturday can be found here on our site, and has been updated with new information.
- More information about meeting locations will be available to you when you check in at the Symposium.
National Design Centre
Address: 111 Middle Rd, Singapore 188969
Phone: +65 6333 3737
What to bring:
- Sunscreen and a hat! All workshops, all sketchwalks, and some activities will be outside, so be prepared for some sun.
- Bring your favorite sketchbook and sketching materials. A few sponsors will also be selling materials onsite.
- Some sketchers like to bring small, portable stools.
- Remember to leave some space in your luggage for the materials you will receive at the Symposium.
- Consider bringing pre-printed cards with your contact information to trade with other sketchers.
- Located just north of the equator, Singapore has a tropical climate and stays hot and humid throughout the year. Temperatures average around 31º C (88º F) during the day, and are unlikely to dip below 23º C (74º F) at night. (from worldtravelguide.net/singapore)
- There’s a SMRT train station at the airport, which is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the central area. The train runs from 6:00 to 23:30. You can also get a cab at the airport at the taxi stand. (Info from Parka on the Discussion Forum.)
- There’s no tipping practice in Singapore. Whatever is the listed price is the actual price. This applies to everything, e.g. Food, shopping, services, etc. (Info from Parka on the Discussion Forum.)
- Also check the Discussion Forum on the Symposium site to share travel information with fellow attendees, event organizers, and faculty.
- You can view your registration at any time by visiting regonline.com/usksingapore2015.
- If there are spaces open in individual workshops, we will make those available to sell to Activities and Sketching pass holders at the event.
- To ensure a quality experience for all, we expect you to follow your workshop schedule during the Symposium. If you plan to skip a workshop that you registered for, please notify Symposium staff.
Symposium Blog and Social Media:
- Visit the Discussion Forum to post an introduction and to “meet” other attendees!
- Use the hashtag #USkSingapore2015 to connect on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to share your experience.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll also receive a brochure at check-in with information about everything happening at the event.