Workshop B: Extending and Expanding: Combining Multiple Sheets of Paper to Capture Large Scenes
Instructor: Ch’ng Kiah Kiean (Malaysia)
Location: National Library of Singapore
Have you ever encounter with the problems that I want to do a big piece of sketch while travelling? It’s too troublesome to carry a big or long paper especially travels by flight. Have you ever want to do a super long panorama sketch, street or aerial view but the paper is not long enough?
- Participants will learn how to combine multiple sheets of same size paper to capture large scenes.
- Tips of sketching panorama aerial view.
- Tips of leaving white or blank space in your sketch creatively.
- Re-think of the usual sketching format.
- Re-think of the traditional sketching composition.
What are the materials/ tools that participants supposed to bring?
- Same size 1/8 imperial (or 19 x 28 cm) watercolor papers (at least 10 pieces or more)
- Sketching materials that you often used
- Sketching board
- Masking tape
30 mins PPT introduction (tools and sketching techniques overview)
15 mins preparing the sketching tools
30 mins demo
90 mins sketch exercise
15 mins review and Q&A